- This event has passed.
Power Talks Mondays
May 24, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
POWER TALK MONDAYS are free sessions open to the public where participants explore and practice communication techniques to strengthen dialogues at home, work and/or school. Each week a facilitator leads participants in a short learning segment demonstrating a communication tool then participants engage in an interactive practice demonstrating the learned technique.
All sessions are on Mondays from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
This project was inspired by the “On The Table” initiative.
1. Power In Communication – Learning to hear and not to respond; practice RASA technique of listening (Receive the message, Appreciate why it was spoken, Summarize what was heard by heart and mind, and Ask for clarification on anything not fully understood); and empathy listening. September 14, 2020
2. Power In Diversity – Learning to hear individuals through their diversity and differences are difficult however an intentional effort to hear and respond with their differences in consideration shifts many conversations. Exploring our unbias consciousness and social stereotypes about certain groups of people. September 21, 2020
3. Power In Persuasion – Learning the effective use of communication to use your voice for greater impact. Explore techniques to assist you in communicating your message in an authoritative and credible manner. September 28, 2020
4. Power In Negotiation – Learning the advantages of effective negotiation skills. Explore techniques to separate interest from a position to achieve durable agreements. October 5, 2020
5. Power of Resolution – Learning the difference between managing and resolving conflicts. Conflicts are both good and bad, the difference is in the perception of achieving resolution. October 19, 2020